Thursday, August 13, 2009

Here we go again...

Wow...what a tough spring/summer we've had!! We started out with Connor getting Influenza and having to have IV therapy, then was Seth's wreck into the barb wire fence, and a month later i went into the ER and had to have my gallbladder taken out because it was inflamed and infected and now....Connor has broken his collarbone!! I swear, we need to just rent out a room in the ER, we are their at least once a month!! I really hope that our bad luck streak is at an end!! I am exhausted!!

I can't believe he broke his collarbone!! It's so sad!! He was with his dad last night and was playing in the back of a Rhino and fell out and landed on the pavement! So Mitch ran him into the ER and sure enough it was broken! I had no cell phone service so i didn't even know what had happened until way later last night! I felt horrible!! I am just so happy that my parents, Mitch and Robin were there for him!! He was put in a shoulder brace, arm sling and wrap, which he will probably hafta wear for a couple weeks!! (which knowing Connor is going to be a little challenging!! lol!!) I went and picked him up this morning and he seemed to be in good spirits and not in too much pain. We had to go see grandpa (he's a grandpa's boy for sure!!) and when we got there the first thing he did was run over and climb on a four wheeler!! It was so cute!! Even with a broken bone he is still wanting to ride! ; )

The rest of Connor's day was kind of rough! He has been in ALOT of pain, the hospital gave him Hydrocodone 7.5's and i have been giving him that and Motrin and he still cries every time he moves! I feel so bad for him!! I wish i knew what i could do to make the pain go away! Poor kid!! : ( Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better for him! I am just so thankful that he's OK!! I want to say thanks to all of my family and friends that have called, text, and emailed me!! I am pretty sure i have the best family and friends ever!! Love you all!!! : )

3 comments:

Broc and Sam McArthur said...

Poor Connor! I think you have exceeded your yearly quota on ER visits! I hope that he gets feeling better soon!

charm said...

I'm sorry, Mandy! When you list it all out like that, it's kinda crazy! Good luck with the little man... and I hope YOU get feelin' better soon too!

Lacey and Zach said...

You have had a rough summer! Geeze I hope this winter takes it easy on your cute little family!!